Saturday, June 27, 2009

HOW DOES THAT HANDSOME DEVIL,LUKE F,CREATE A COVER?

Here`s how!



1.Fist off,I drew the character(not a thing I usually do,normally I draw the stuff farthest back first when I`m using the computer)using GIMP and the Wacom.I really like how the shirt came out.



2.Then I went into Paint(yes,Paint.I know,Iknow)and added some black spaces.You`ll see why later.



3.Back to GIMP.I turn those "black spaces" into "buildings" by drawing bricks(very loose bricks)and adding some white spaces to act as windows.



4.Back to Paint(I know,I know)to make those white spaces look somewhat like windows instead of plain white boxes.



5.Add text in GIMP.

And that`s it from start to finish.About an hour and a half`s work.
I also wanted to be a bit looser and cartoony in this piece after reading Perramus by Alberto Breccia(sent to me by Matt "D`Israeli" Brooker,along with a load of extra goodies!Cheers,Matt).

2 comments:

Aidan Courtney said...

Really cool Luke. Like it a lot.

luke f said...

Cheers,Aidan!
Thanks for dropping by.