Thursday, November 27, 2008

I`ve been working like a motherlicker recently but my scanner is fecked and I just got a new computer so I haven`t really had time to anything with the wacom....

Anyway the Dublin City Comic con yoke was a blast.sad to see a serious lack of young folk walking around,though.Especially since I only really started developing as an "awtist" when I went to cons and got some sound advice from some of the Irish lads and I`d hate for that to become a thing of the past since comics really need new blood to survive.
On that side of things the 2D Festival in Derry really deserves big respect.The atmosphere is fantastic and it`s great to see the varying types of people wandering in.

And also,if you have any sense at all you`d pick up "Tim Skinner:Total Scumbag" by Andy Winter and Declan Shalvey.I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks while reading this.
And the lovely full colour artwork doesn`t hurt either.

3 comments:

Moondog said...

Agreed on the sadness about the lack of youngsters at the con. Bit worrying that.

Andy Winter said...

Thanks for the kind words about Skinner, Luke. Dublin was a blast!

luke f said...

Hey,lads.
yeah,very few childfolk.in fact,including me and my mate,I saw prolly 8 kids the whole day(though,I can`t comment on the Sunday because I wasn`t there.)
Hey Andy!
yeah,Skinner was a larf and a harf,man.really funny stuff in there.