Saturday, November 8, 2008

BIZARRO!




Here`s a "little sketch" that ended up taking a verrrry long time.

it was originally just a pencil sketch I do to loosen up a bit before I draw but then I really started to like the whole "confused simpleton"vibe coming off it and turned it into a Bizarro.I really love the way some mainstream characters like Bizarro work best when a more"independant comics" approach is taken rather than the usual non-identifiable mush that fills (mainly DC,I have to say)comics on the shelves now...


Funny thing is,I`ve been busting a nut trying to draw a good Bizarro for about a week now,and I only really cracked it by mistake!Ah well,them`s the breaks...

anyhoo,all done with a flexible brushpen,big Pentel marker thingie and red marker.

10 comments:

Eoin Marron said...

Nice dude, awesome brushwork (I need to get me one of those, heheh)
I haven't read any Bizzaro, but I understand what you mean by how some characters don't belong in DC's usual lineup. Thankfully, I mostly read just Vertigo stuff when it comes to DC...

thecomiccast said...

Cool art, Luke. As you may know, The Comic Cast is split 50/50 when it comes to Bizzaro World No.1.

Kev said...

nice style

luke f said...

Thanks a million,lads...and er podcasts....

Will Sliney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will Sliney said...

Nice one man

Declan Shalvey said...

That's really nice Luke, but you really gotta start drawing something other than disembodied heads.

Get to it kiddo!

luke f said...

Cheers,Will!
and Dec,you need the start getting your jacket out of the way of my lucozade!
seriously though,I`ve been working on loads of things with more than just a disembodied head,it`s just a coincidence that the last few posts are like that....

Declan Shalvey said...

Fair enough.

Oh, and it's a good thing you're too young to drink alcohol. God knows what you'd be stumbling and knocking over!

Dec.

Moondog said...

Be honest Luke, this is just Dec, right? You did a particularly good job with the eyes.